"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Flipping the Bird

Steve posting this time. You might think I decided to be witty and play with words for the title. Nope. The middle finger was Aubrey's lesson of the day.

Aubrey came home from dance and as soon as she saw me, she filled me in on the conversation she had with Christy in the car. Apparently someone on the school bus showed her the finger and told her it meant you hated God. Christy played it cool, and explained that it was a very bad insult, very rude, worse than bad words. And Aubrey should never do that. Aubrey explained all this to me and appears to be taking it very seriously.

My first impulse was to agree with Christy and reinforce all this. My second impulse was to show Aubrey a few creative ways to display her middle digit (Hey, let me show you what I've got in my pocket...). I went with impulse #1, which was probably a good thing and won't lead to an embarrassing discussion with the principle.

****Christy now... I will never forget giving my Dad the bird. I too learned this on the bus, and was quick to come home and teach Dad. Who would think that he already knew...he advised me not to show Mom! The bird...strange guester!

Jack report...
Things are going well...at least she asked about the bird!

1 comment:

Liz said...

my sides hurt so much! That girl is something special!!! love ya Aubrey!