"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Friday, December 16, 2011

Catching up before Christmas...

I am finally sitting down this morning, I wanted to catch everyone up.
We have been very busy getting things done, a typical December post.






Things have been going full swing here in the Gray house. I will be posting as fast as I can. We are all excited, we have company arriving this afternoon, and we are chilling this morning. Steven made pancakes, and Aubrey opened some of her birthday gifts. She is getting an early start on her birthday week, more to come with that! Anyway, here is how December started for us...

The Auburn/Alabama game...aka the Iron Bowl, mainly "The Alabama" game.
We did not really play well in the game, but we still have our Auburn spirit.
Here are some pictures from the game.





Here is our beloved Auburn Tree.

This is our newest Auburn ornament. It is a Toomer's Oak.

Aubrey decorating her tree!

The tree in the landing, with our little pixie knee huggers that Grandma Robin gave us.


Here is Jamie's tree, he informed me he needs a star on his tree, it is not finished, so I guess we need to get back out there and find him a star.



This is my tree. It is so romantic sitting in the bed reading my books with Steven next to me with his book and glasses. I love to see his hansom profile in glow from the Christmas lights! (Cheesy I know...but I really love him, and he is so darn handsome!)

Here are some ornaments from out vacations, I collect the ornaments instead of t-shirts, mugs, thimbles etc!

Here is one of the new ones from our girl trip from the mountains in October, the Blowing Rock adventure, oh Melissa and Traci, thanks so much for such an awesome time!


My dining room tree, it is lit with red lights, I just love it! It is pretty much themed with Santa, I just love him.

Here is the little tree in the foyer, old world Santas, I can't get enough!

My family tree, in the living room.

Again, ornaments from our trips live on this tree.

This is new, from Dollywood with Grandma and Grandpa Gray.

Oh our totally awesome trip to the Gulf with the Dickey family. Thank you for wonderful memories, we will treasure our trip for years to come.


My New Year Goal, to run a half marathon all 13.1 miles in Nashville, TN with my loved ones. Thank you Grandpa Bernie and Steven, you both are my heroes!


Dirty Santa with my cousins...yup, those awesome ornaments, are on the tree too! I love y'all and can't wait to see you for our Christmas in January.
Oh look, honeymoon ornament..."2000"!


Stockings are hung with care...


I can't forget, "The Pig Tree"...that is right, if you don't know me and "My BESTIE", we have this thing for pigs together. You see, things became a hassle, trying to find something that we would buy one another for Christmas not knowing what to get one another, so we have these miniature trees and we buy one another the pig ornaments each year. We usually mail them, but it has definitely kept us really close. I love her dearly, and she has some exciting stuff going on this year and I can't wait to see her. Anyway, bestie, here is my tree...
We made cookies this year, basically a trial run to see if we like them. And we did, so neighbors, we ate all of ours, and will be making more for you all!

We did make it to the parade again, what a neighborhood tradition, I just love it.

Aubrey and Jamie have been loving their Sunday School classes, I wish we had made it the past 2 Sunday's but we are thrilled with all the company, and we looking forward to tonight with the little Christmas program.

We made it to Disney on Ice...it was a beautiful show. It was a Girl Scout trip. We had an awesome time with our GS Sisters!

We had Aubrey's 8th birthday party a little early. She wanted a slumber party, it was a terrific night with her besties. These girls behaved so well. I love them all so much. These girls are so amazing, and I am enjoying watching them grow into beautiful young ladies.

Aubrey wanted a Paris themed birthday, since we would be watching
Monte Carlo the movie with Selena Gomez


When the girls arrived we gave the girls 2 necklaces, and told them that they officially left Christmas on the front porch and they could pick it back up on their way back out the next morning - they were at a Birthday Party, and if they said the naught words (Christmas, Elf, and Santa) their beads could be stolen. Jessica I believe left with the majority of the beads. But, the girls loved stealing beads, poor Aubrey had a rough time when Dad tricked her and asked her to say her part in the play...you guessed it. She got a bead stolen...mean old Daddy.


Here are all the girls, with their little hats Aubrey made them for their gifts. Aubrey made these little pom-poms, that Grandma Robin taught her how to make. Don't they all look so posh.

I also took this pic and ironed it on to little t-shirts as little gifts for the girls.
It was a fun night to remember!

Chase and Haley were the first to fall asleep, I had gotten a new camera in the mail that day, and I was playing with the settings, so I snapped these to shots of them asleep, I like this new little handy-dandy camera. These are so sweet little girls.

By 7:00 we were all up and getting breakfast going.


I found this new recipe for cinnamon bread, or
Monkey Bread whatever you want to call it. It was so yummy!

Joel and the girls came up last weekend, and Steven and I took advantage of a couple hours to grab a date. Joel made cookies with the kids.

Sunday night we met up with the Elam's to go to the festival of lights on the other side of Winston-Salem. We had a blast loading in to their sled and heading over there.

Sweet Monica, I want so bad to be as crafty as you!!

Crazy Jack is still up to his tricks.

Taco night, we don't usually do taco's. But, I did this a few weeks ago, and the Pollies have been begging to do it again. So, hopefully we won't get burned out from Taco's.

Aubrey had her school play this week. If you are 2nd grade you get to be in the Christmas play.

Aubrey was a penguin...

with a speaking part! She did so good.

Aubrey with her 2nd grade teacher.


I had a flat tire this week, and not the beer...

There he is, Mr. I can do it all, to my rescue.
I love him so much...a nail, and he fixed it in the dark to boot!
As far as the Pollies, they are completely on a Holiday High.
Yesterday morning they jumped up and wrote their letters to Santa,
they are a little behind, but it is done!

This morning Steven let Aubrey open some of her birthday present. She is getting a mouse, this year and she got the cage today so that we she gets it everything is set up. As you can tell, I had no vote on this birthday present.


As for now, I need to jump and get us off to church and then to Girl Scouts!

No comments: