"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What a wild 24 hours!!!!!!!!

Last night was a very rough night! Steven and I were up a most of the night with Jamie. He ended up in the bed on top of Steven's chest most of the 3 hours we slept. I had to get up early to take Jamie and myself in early today. This afternoon I got off early and ran him into the doctor. It was as we expected. He has an ear infection! It was draining, however it was very goopie. I have been cleaning it (naturally like any mother) thinking oh, great it is draining! I did not realize that there was an infection and he needed drops! We still have much to learn. So, hopefully tonight...we will rest!

So, as I was leaving work the bottom fell out of the sky. It rained on me the whole way (50,000 miles) to my car! Steve says it is only 1/2 mile to the car from the hospital...I beg to differ when there is rain! Anyway, I had no umbrella! Then, I had to take Jamie to the doctor. Of course there was a long wait! Poor Jamie about done with the waiting game. They called in the prescription, that took 2 and 1/2 hours to actually get filled!

I am sure you are wanting to know about the washing machine....

This is the motor to our poor washing machine! It is my kitchen! Need I say more...other than thank goodness that Steven thinks he has solved this problem! We have a new motor on the way! This my friends is the best news of the day. Now maybe it will disappear out of my kitchen.

[Steve writing this part: No Way! This is my trophy and it will be proudly displayed! I am the conqueror of large household appliances! (disclaimer: all of this is dependent on the washing machine actually working once I put the new motor in... but the old one was definitely toast, with the blue sparks and loud ruckus to prove it.)]

5 comments:

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

Did the smoke come out? It's a well known fact that everything runs on magic smoke and when it comes out, you are hosed.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's been so bad. I wish we were closer and could help. We love ya'll!

Mom and Harry.

DocG_2006 said...

It hasn't been that bad. Besides the money and the time without a washer, it's been an interesting little challenge.

DocG_2006 said...

hey Chad... strangely enough there was fire but not smoke... maybe there's still some life in the old gal? However, your comment brought me a chuckle from dorm life. Didn't we let the smoke out of a computer once?