"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, September 1, 2012

My "Faux Stay Home Mom" week!

This is the week that I take every year to get balance back in our life.
I take this week to pretend that I am a stay at home mom, 
and remember by Friday,
that I would fail miserably.
 I am posting in a positive light of how terrible I am at this.

Laundry wasn't so bad...however I think Steven actually put it away...opps!
 The dishes got wash and put away.
 These guys were my comrades this week...we took on the house.
I think we may have won the battle.
 I cleared the landing pad for the 100th time.
But, guess what...it is full again.
 This is half my fuel for the week.  Man this stuff is great!
 Again, here is the other half!
Starbucks and Janelle...I will see you next week.
Stay at home moms have to make their own "Joe"!
 Oh, the drop off...total awesome.
 This kids are so sweet, they tell you to have a great day before they close the door.
I would love to have that every day!
This is so awesome, no wonder stay at home mom's are so chipper!
 I lost my broom for a few hours, but come to realize Aubrey had hidden it from me!
 I got the cat to the vet.
Dill forms crystals in his urine and has a special food.
I took him in for a urine sample...
of course he held his pee for the day and had to spend the night.
I suppose he wanted a vacation too!
 
 A lot of my time was spent behind the wheel.
 I took my car in for the recalls that we received.
While waiting, I was wishing to get behind the wheel of this cutie.
I suppose us girls have our Barbie moments.
 Back to reality.
 It was time to renew my license.
Off I went.
I got there and forgot my check book.
 Off to the bank to get some cash from the ATM.
Then back to the DMV.
 Then, the people tell me in the line that I would have to retake the written test.
I believed them and asked for a book went on my way.
The only thing is that I when I went to get my NC license, when we moved from TN, 
I had to take it on the spot, I almost didn't pass.
So, my nerves were shot, and none the less, 
I was that 15 year old that had to take the written test,
many times...my nerves would get the best of me!
 After my fiasco with the DVM, I headed to Target.
The Pollies needed new goggles for swim.
 Swim starts next week!
Lunch in the car.
 Look at the cup...oh, how exciting!
 Auburn right there on my cup, it is a beautiful thing!
 Then I applied the directions in my GPS for the Girl Scout Store,
about 40 miles away!
 Once I arrive...the doors are locked with  a note...
"Closed for Inventory"....really!
 So, back on the home front,
I head back to clean the tops of the cabinets!
 Aubrey gets her home work done.
 Jamie cleans his dinner from the floor.
 Jamie goes to soccer.
 Aubrey goes to dance and acro.
This was her new trick for the night,
she wanted to show Dad.
 Up and at again...
 I thought that this was pretty little mushroom.
It doesn't know what is on my list for the day!
 I cleaned the dishes in the china cabinets...
look there was sugar in the sugar bowl.
I wonder how long it has been there?
 It was hard as a rock.
 Glass bottles from the top of the fridge had to be cleaned.
And  the top of the fridge, no more dust bunnies stow-a ways!
 I have cleaned so much glass this week.
 Yes, the windows!  Time to tackle that view!
 So, the neighborhood was a busy place.
Look at all my vistors...
first was the man who replaced my windshield.
 Then the UPS man!
 
 The mail lady.
 The garbage man came by.
 
 Then Aubrey came home!
I cleaned the little bit of hard wood we have.
 

Then Aubrey and I headed back to the DMV.
I got my license renewed, all had to do was the eye-test, 
and tell him certain road signs.
 Oh, well Aubrey wanted a snack so we went through the cruz-thru.
Now, these pictures are taken from the driver's seat of my car.
We are driving through the store. 


 Aubrey loves this place.
This was her afternoon snack.
Enjoy it today...Mom's going back to work.
 Jamie is missing out!
He is back in school in Chapel Hill.
 
 We swung by Lowe's and grabbed the Mums.
2/$10
Not to shabby!
 Then we head back to vet.
Dill is done with his vacation.
 Aubrey was one happy girl.

 Then this was the next hurdle.
I wanted to cut the grass so that 
Steven could edge when he got home.
Needless to say,
It stopped working, I had to wait on him.
 I wasn't the only one waiting on him.
Aubrey wanted him to come home and skate with her.
She is laid out watching TV in the garage.
 I made it to FRIDAY.
 I took it a little easy today.
I even went to lunch with Aubrey.
Today was Beef Dipper Day.  
She loves it!
I met up with the Girl Scout Leaders at the bank and helped with the accounts.
Friday was much easier.
Thank goodness there is a long weekend.
I am looking forward to some football and work on Tuesday!
I think I might have survived as a "FAUX, stay at home mom"!

1 comment:

Britney Cahalin said...

Your babies are beautiful!! And I am in love with Dill...Ginger Kitties are the best! Our Oscar is the same way.