"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Friday, September 16, 2011

Monkey Business

Many new and exciting things have come along with the 2nd grade. One of the most exciting things about the 2nd grade is privelege of being able to play on the Monkey Bars on the playground. Aubrey has played for 2 years on the same equipment. It is not until the 2nd grade that you are allowed on the Monkey Bars.

It seems everyday I get an update on the Monkey Bars. Apparently, are there are some boys that are really awesome. They are nicknamed the “Monkey Kings”. They swing to and fro all the way across the Monkey Bars. One day last week Aubrey’s dear sweet friend Kallie fell from the Monkey Bars. This was big drama on the way home, as Aubrey explained the entire story to me. Kallie fell and hurt her arm. She explained that she was allowed to go to the bathroom with her to help nurse her with cold water on her arm. Then Kallie went to the school nurse, it was not much longer that Kallie’s parents received the phone call. After a long afternoon in the doctor’s office, Kallie was ok. No broken arm, just a sore arm!

One afternoon, I was given the secret…the secret to making it across! Let me share the secret, You rub the mulch in you hands like you are washing them. It helps you make it across! Who would have thunk it! Aubrey soon followed the secret with a complaint, she said that the “Mulch” was giving her blisters! I asked her if she was sure it was the Mulch and not the Monkey Bars and she said “No, mama, that Mulch is giving me blisters”!

Now Sunday afternoon we actually had a little free time. Steven and I sat and watched the Ramona and Beezus Movie with her. In that movie Ramona was doing the Monkey bars and talks about the calluses on her hands from the Monkey Bars. Which brings me to Monday? Aubrey came home with a “BIG BLISTER” from the Monkey Bars!

As for the Monkey Bars, she says she has made it across 3 times. I can remember the days of trying to scoot across myself. It was very intimidating and I wore the same calluses. I would give anything now days to have that be my most exciting adventure of the day. I too remember when a girl in my class broke her arm on the monkey bars. She was a very petite child much like sweet Kallie. However, Jaysa ended up with a cast.



Tonight after the soccer game we ran by the playground for Aubrey to do the Monkey Bars!








Aubrey did great!
Dad took a go at it!

Yeah, it did not work for me!!


That is enough Monkey Business for this week!

No comments: