"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hope and Love Ball 2012

If you know much about Steven and I, you know that we are truly committed to an awesome cause. That would be the "Hannah's Hope Fund for GAN". This is the story of an amazing set of parents that upon receiving a horrific diagnosis for their precious daughter, threw themselves into a massive pursuit to save their daughter's life. While doing this, there were other children with the same diagnosis, and this has become an amazing and quick journey to save many lives. Steven has been the leading scientist on this project, and dealing with these amazing children it tugs on Steven's heartstrings. We are blessed to be a part of such an amazing journey.

This weekend was The Hope and Love Ball, where thousands of dollars are raised to help start a clinical trial for these children. Steven and I are honored to a part of this relentless pursuit.

This was our weekend:

We had a two part flight into Albany, NY. Our first stop was in DC. We had to get off the plane and get into a shuttle, and make it to our next flight. I was amazed, you could see the dome from the White House and the Washington Monument.



On Friday, after arriving in Albany, we separated and went different ways. Lori Sames, (Hannah's mother) and Sarah Sames (Hannah's Aunt) picked me up and we headed off to pick up things for the ball. Steven went off to the University of Albany to speak about GAN. We met back later that night, while finishing up work on the baskets for the auction.

Here is a picture of the medical center across the street from our hotel, Friday night.
On Saturday we met with other families of GAN and moved over to the
Desmond where the ball was held. Steven and I made it to a late lunch together at the Desmond.
This is such an incredible place to stay.


This was our room.









I saw the clock and had to make a wish...I hoped that great things would happen at this event!
Time to get ready! I was all excited about my new nail polish..."Forever Yummy"! It was a perfect match with my dress.

I love my hair dresser "Terri" at Madison Heath! She is like the (Hair Whisper) for me! I wish I could have fit her into the pouch, but I think we manged OK!
Once we were ready we headed downstairs for a toast, and then off to the auction we went. I had a few items in mind that we could travel back with.

So one of the ways they raise money is by the Silent Auction. Here are some of the items.
They also had a massive "Wine Pull" and a chance a winning a loose diamond worth $2200, in a "Diamond Raffle"! The exciting thing was that Hannah's Grandfather and I both were the last 2 in the running at the diamond and would you believe...Grandpa won, and of course returned the diamond back to the charity! Perfect! The funny thing was I had the same intentions...amazing!




Here is Steven with a new friend. This is Nick. He is a super amazing child, he has just recently been diagnosed with GAN. He is from Canada. He is such a gem, we are truly blessed to have met him. Nick you look stunning!
Here is Steven with Hannah. We can not began to tell you how much she means to our family.
I hope you all get a chance to meet her. Be ready...she is smart, she is sassy, and she will still your heart! Aubrey declares she is coming next year.
We were also blessed to meet sweet Chrissy and her family! She was brought by her sweet Father, Grandmother and Papa! She is from Texas. She was recently diagnosed and just met Hannah. Chrissy also has a sister, Amanda who was diagnosed last week. This was devastating news to this family last week. Amanda is two, and sweet Chrissy is six. We did not get to meet Amanda nor her mother, I am sure it will not be long. I was in love with Chrissy's sweet rose she wore.



These two beautiful ladies are Hannah's sisters. Meet Madison on the left, (she just turned 13) and Reagan on the right. These girls are glamorous. The are so much fun, and such a big help with everything. Matt and Lori are a truly bless with such an awesome crew.

The auction closed up and we headed back to the ballroom.

Chrissy and her Dad were great dancers!


I did find my husband, we stopped for a moment while he had some tea, I had a cup of Joe!







After an amazing event, we headed to the after party. It was nice to sit back and chat.



Now, lets go back to the auction...remember this item!


Well, it made it back to my room.
Then on Sunday, it made it on to our plane.

And then to the sky!
Can you believe it made it safely to NC!

My sweet husband, bid on this for me! Can I just tell you that my Valentine's Day gift "SUCKS"!
This is such an exciting thing here in the Gray house with 3 cats!

1 comment:

Chad said...

Love seeing you two all dressed up. Reminds me of ball weekends back in college.