"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

" Family Centric "

This LENTEN SEASON, I chose to focus completely on doing more with the Pollies and less time on social media, aka (Facebook). We have the laptop open in the kitchen 24/7, which is handy, yet distractful at times. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a post, that I was not too excited about and almost a bit shocked over. Yet, I agree...post what you must! However, I post nothing that could ever be shameful in anyway, that is not how I roll, as a friend, mother, sister, daughter, wife, whatever colorful hat I have on! I think that my cultural lens have expanded, since leaving my rural upbringing, however, I still cherish my "SOUTHERN SOCIAL GRACES". "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all", "act like a lady", and I think that you understand where I am coming from. I have seen some major "Negaholic's", and some major "Dehumanizing photo's" that maybe some of my "FRIENDS" have lost their sensors to their emotional filters. I embrace being part of this Generation X, however I still have strong morals. With the shock from the post on Facebook a few weeks back, I was deeply worried that I let something like that ruffle my feathers. So, for Lent, I decided to try to do (limited time Facebook). Basically, check my phone to see if I have gotten messages, still choosing to participate with groups, to only glance when the Pollies are in bed, and not browse though the posts. Just during the Lenten Season, in hopes I would see time with the Pollies and Hubby flourish. Now, I must give credit, where credit is due. I have come among most of these new media phrases/terms, due to this class I am taking at work. I find it quite interesting that once I had started my Lenten Season, that I would learn more interesting things about social media. One big thing I learned was "Netiquette Rules". I think that the PG-13, and the Flaming went right with what I was feeling. So, far so good, with my goals for Lent.

Family Centric...centering ourselves on the family!
"Centric", supposedly the new advertising media word for 2012!



Only snow day for 2012, so far!


Helping with homework. It is not good when your child has to pull a stick, because she only did one page of her homework verses the two she was expected to complete, and you are checking her homework. More emphasis on the bookbag before I put my feet up.
Ash Wednesday, Lent Season begins. Aubrey decided to improve her health with 10 Jumping Jacks a day. Jamie, wanted to do a flip everyday (a forward roll)!
Jamie, sharing his Ash Wednesday service experience with Papa.
After the coming back to the pew, he turns to the elderly gentleman behind us and proceedes to compliment "Mr. Charles" on his new tatoo..."Mr. Charles in return tells, Jamie he looks like an Indian. We like Mr. Charles, he is from Nanaflia, Al. (we just say he is our cousin)!
Ducks near the house.
The simple life, always digging for worms.
My chocoholic...

Aubrey has always been loud and proud, this sweet fellow...he is sneaky!
I must continue to remind him "Mama, always knows"!
Girls night out with great friends.


We have enjoyed the UNC Gymnast.







A playful afternoon!









Bedtime, is and always has been special to me.
I love the fact, that these precious Pollies love bedtime too.





Staying Centered this Lenten Season!

No comments: