"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, December 9, 2012

O Holy Night






We have been up to the normal actives that arise in December.
However, things have been a bit different this year.
Things seem a bit simpler.
We don't seem to be rushed or either over committed.

Steven and I are loving the time the Pollies are spending on their Christmas Tree.
They are coming up with all kind of ideas for their trees.
It just has been perfect, trying not to make the everything perfect.

One of my prayers for this Holiday season was to not to have to many expectations
this Christmas.  That way if my so called expectations are not met, 
I would not be stressed, my expectations can be filled with surprises.

I came a across a sign the other day with the lyrics to "O Holy Night",
it made me stop and read the actual words.
 It was a beautiful moment, and again such a simple thing, but another neat surprise.

O Holy Night

O holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn

Fall on your knees, oh, hear the angel voices
O night divine, o night when Christ was born
O night divine, o night, o night divine
 
    A really good friend shared her idea of heading out for Santa pictures,
we jumped on board.  We figured that would take care of our trip to the mall.
I was very pleased, and gosh, it was so much easier.
Another little exciting thing we have found this holiday season,
is a bit of peace in the coffee shop downtown.
Our little downtown district is so nice, and this is the cherry on top.
"Reed's".
So, I have actually cut back my hours at work and I am taking an extra day off.
My day off is going to usually be Wednesday's unless there is an off day with school.
This started last week, and I kept Jamie home with me.
After we dropped Aubrey off,
we headed downtown, and Jamie got his strawberry milk, and I got my coffee.
 

Saturday, Jamie and Steven went to a soccer foot skills class.
Aubrey and I decided to grab our books and head down to Reed's.
It was awesome girl time.
Photo: Breakfast with Aubrey @ Reed's, we are getting our reading in, listening to a little chatter & Christmas music softly playing, perfect girl time!


Our elf has been up to the normal mischief and keeping the Pollies excited.








Photo: Hurry Jack!!!
Photo: We went with it and Aubrey called dibs on the poo!
Photo: Aubrey has been making Pom-Pom ornaments!

 Here is a Pom-Pom that Aubrey has made for their tree.
They are really getting crafty.

No comments: