"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just a thought...

Tonight was an easy night. We had to leave work and rush to Mebane, we had to gather Aubrey and Jamie's medical records to take to their new peds office. We are trying to have all of the shot info together for kindergarten. We will have orientation soon. Anywho, we got the records and went home. We had Joel and the girls here for dinner. We are so glad that they are close. This was the first time Steven has had the afternoon off in awhile. It was nice to have Daddy here.

So, I have a lot to get together tonight. We have a lot going on this weekend. You know me, always big plans. So, as I am typing I am letting the glue dry on Steven's party invitations. Then, I need to stuff them. So, anyway, I thought that I would share something tonight.

As you know, I love my job. I love helping people. It has been a true blessing to work in my clinic among some of the best healthcare providers in the country. The nurses are top notch and the physicians are miracle workers. Just yesterday, we met a set of triplets again. We have cared for the mother the entire pregnancy. This is very common for us, however these patients amaze me when they walk in excited to see me. Especially, when they are on true bed rest and I am part of their weekly outing! How cool. My point is that, even though I am not a doctor, nor a nurse, or a friendly aid, I still help make a difference in their visit to a hospital.
Now, the real part of my tangent...please check out my list to the side here. Check out the "Into Africa" section. This is one of my awesome doctors making a difference. She will be back soon, we miss her, but look at what she is doing! Thank you "Dr. P"!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I have to agree with you Christy, our patients love you! We play a key part in the lives of these women for 9 months and its great to see the "end result".

And it also helps that we're pretty awesome chicks! :)