"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back in the dirt and who are you?

Steven came home about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. Aubrey still had not fallen asleep. She was coming our of her room for every little thing. She knows the rule, "When you don't take a nap, you go to bed early!" We both knew at this point there would be no nap. So we packed the tribute and headed to Lowe's.

Last summer I had found these hanging baskets at the Dollar General, that look really nice. I wanted to hang them all along the fence. I called Nikki, I called Mom, and I called my friend Heather down the road. I was like, you all have to help me get these baskets. Nikki was a negative, she had something going on. It was a Sunday afternoon. Mom sent Harry out to their "D.G." and that was a bust. So, I was on the phone with my friend Heather, she was getting me to the "D.G.'s" that she knew. Needless to say I ended up with 20 baskets in garage for about 10 months. So, Steven has been itching for me to take them out of his garage.

We took our trip to Lowe's to pick out flowers. As we load plants in the buggy, Aubrey was loading her hands full of flowers. We tried to explain, she couldn't pick the flowers. Again, this age 4 is really tough. She also wanted to know if I had any extra, could she use them.

So, when we came home we put Jamie on a small mattress near the house, while Aubrey helped me place all the dirt in the baskets. Steven was grilling. This was a trying afternoon. Jamie would not stay settled, and Aubrey kept knocking the baskets over. Steven was in the front of the house. I just kept thinking why did I think we could do this. One, NO NAP for Aubrey. Two, all Jamie wants is to eat. Three, Steven is grilling...does he seriously think we are going to sit down all together and have a meal? Have we in the last 6 weeks?

Some how it all worked out. Jamie slept, Aubrey and I got the flowers in the pots. Steven had steaks off the grill ready to eat. Aubrey did get her bath and went to bed early. This left just Steven and I (with Jamie asleep) alone. We worked like dogs! He placed his manure around the plants while I watered all the plants. It has been forever since we have worked TOGETHER on a project like this. This was always our favorite thing to do. I finally looked over at him and said, Now, who are you, I don't remember your name? We just laughed. We, really like working in the yard together. As it grew dark we put our toys away and headed inside.

Before heading to bed we shared a tub of "Ben & Jerry's, Willie Nelson's Country Peach Cobble Ice Cream". Yummm.... This is something that we do very seldom. Maybe 5 times a year. This is what we call our "Sin", Ben & Jerry's is our sin. We started this when we were in Nashville. It is such a treat. I could go on about all the flavors, however, I am staying away from Chocolate for now while I am breast feeding. That is why we had the peach cobbler.
Chocolate and Diet Cokes. My true love diet coke! Ask anyone. It may not be reason to give it up, but why not. For now I am drinking diet sprite. My favorite is from Sonic with the crunchy ice.

Well, today Jamie and I are home alone. Steven took Aubrey to daycare today. She will go for awhile tomorrow, she has dance practice tomorrow, and Steve usually has lab meeting on Wednesday's. So, he won't be able to get off at 4:00 to get her to me to take to dance.
Thursday she will go to daycare and maybe not on Friday. She has dress rehearsal on that afternoon and Steven will pick Robin up from the airport. The next day that she will return to daycare will be June 30th.

Watch our Alabama and Nashville, here comes Aubrey!





No comments: