"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friday is here!!!!!!

Steven and I rode to work together today for the first time in weeks. A lot of weeks! It was nice...sorta, other than the fact that I am into this book "The Timetraveler's Wife". So, with him riding, I was unable to listen to my book. But, it was nice to spend time with him.

We picked Aubrey up first from school. She was sad that she pulled a stick, she made it all week and was ready to buy a new flash light. But, since she pulled a stick she lost the flash light. But, that is ok, she is going to work really hard next week for her flash light. After we got her we headed to the neighborhood to pick up Jamie. He had an ok day, he was cranky. After relieving Jen we rushed home to eat and change into soccer clothes. Then it was off to the field where the rest of the neighborhood was playing. Zoe had her game going, across from her was Diana playing on her field, then next to our field was the twins. Aubrey did good she even scored a goal. She was very excited.

After that we headed out to the Football Game, well Aubrey and I did. Steven stayed home with Jamie. After getting Jamie to bed he worked. Aubrey asked Kelly to go to the game, since Kelly asked her to the movies. So here I was shimmying through the crowd with two girls. We met up with Andrea and Jen there. This was a test run on how the girls could behave at a late night game. I think they did well, considering how late it was. Aubrey really liked the cheerleaders. We purposely sat close to watch them. I feel like a pro now, I could haul another girl with us. Jamie would be rough.

So, a couple of things I found odd. So look close at these two pics. The top, look at the bucket ladder thing. Would you guess that was for filming the game? Ok, now the 2nd pic, do you see the baby eagle. Yeah, so they have 3 mascots, a Daddy bird, a Mommy bird, and yep...A Baby bird. Just a little odd. So, the people in the costumes are adults, well except for the little one, and they are not students. During half time...they sit in the bleachers with their heads off!! I would have never...I mean, Would Mickey Mouse sit there with his head off? Anyway, that is how they do it here.

He is back...so while we were outside playing we noticed that our friend was visiting the play set. Aubrey was so excited.
My plans were squashed today. So, the kids and I ran around this morning completing errands. We had my meeting and had shopping to do for little Jamie. After finally finishing at Wal-Mart, Jamie fell asleep in the car. So, I left him in while I unloaded the car. Once I finished, I woke him up. So, I fed him and tried to start back the nap thing. Well, he never took his nap. So, we had a real long afternoon. Poor boy! He was tired. Aubrey went with Kelly to their movie. Then Ambar even took them to Starbucks...ohh...lala! Aubrey got star treatment. Anyway, Aubrey started asking questions on what was real. She is trying to figure out what is real from movies and real life. I can remember this point in my life. Nick, my cousin used to set me pretty straight on this. He always knew what wasn't real, which was kinda sad when I realized that there wasn't magic and that they fake things on TV. It is interesting to see what she thinks is real.
Here are my boys, Jamie playing his new xylophone in his new slippers. That is right he has on new slippers.

No comments: