"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Down on the Farm...our Mystery Guest Reveiled.

First off, I am writing on a Tuesday morning in my Hello Kitty pj's, on the couch. This morning we all got up and ready and heading in our normal destinations. I dropped Aubrey off at the school at before care. Jamie and I made it in to Chapel Hill. As, I parked into my parking spot at Jamie's daycare, I heard him getting sick. My day changed in seconds. Steven and I basically have to play (Paper, Rock, Scissors). He had stayed at home yesterday writing and had several meetings planned for today, so I lost this battle. Needless to say, I am cuddling on the couch with my little hero. So, I have extra time, so a-posting I will go!

Last weekend we were really busy. Friday night Aubrey had a late soccer game at 7:30. She did great. Her glitter shined really pretty in the night lights! Saturday morning, Steven took off to his running club, then Aubrey and I joined him. Her running club at school had a 2 mile run planned for downtown. The three of us knocked out 2 miles just in time to meet with Jamie and our "Mystery Guest" at Andy's for pancakes (where our youth did a fundraiser). We also met up with our neighbors (Kelly and Andy) there as well. After filling up on a load of pancakes, we headed back to the soccer field for another game. We played and another neighbor (Diana) on the field. It was fun getting to see everyone. After the game we planned an afternoon of relaxation. Steven did the grocery shopping for the week, and I baked my first batch of Pumpkin Bread. We grilled some ribs, and enjoyed some football.

Sunday, we were up and at it again. We had a great day at church. We have a new couple in our Sunday School Class and we enjoyed getting to chat and visit with them. During big church, we had Children's Church, so Steven and I got to spend that time with about ten sweet little spirits!
After church, we met up with the Woody's at Moe's for lunch (Kids eat free on Sunday's). After lunch we headed to Isley Farm's.

Isley's Farm is where we often go Strawberry picking in April. But, the word was out they had Hayrides. So, we loaded up and headed over to the farm. It was another thing to knock off the that bucket list I posted last week. Aubrey is getting a kick scratching things off!


Aubrey enjoyed climbing on and over the hay!
I could never imagine getting myself up there!



Caiden and Jamie on the watch out for farm life...


Cows...Cows...and more Cows!

Farmer Jane Isley tells us all about the heard. She even talks about the pedicure that some of those heifers will receive this week.




That is a lot of "BULL"...he is the baby sitter of the younger males.


Jamie liked the tractors on the farm.
Baby Maiya is sneaking in a bumpy nap!
Quick photo-op with Farmer Jane Isley.
Then on to pick our mini-pumpkins...






Strong little lads!




We had a quick run through the maze.















We think this maybe some kind of "Camo-Pumpkin"!!!

Last week, I posted a picture of this tree, thought that I would show the change in color in one week. Fall is happening right at our front door!

Now...for our little visitor...
The first pictures were taken a few weeks ago. On Saturday, we were upstairs in the playroom and noticed that our little visitor was back. Aubrey gets a kick out of these things with her Daddy. I tend to sit back and enjoy them.


As far as our "Mystery Guest"...it was PAPA ED!
He was up this way doing a bit of work and enjoyed some much needed time with the Pollies! Aubrey loved having him at hand! He was a great cheerleader at the soccer games. We even shared the TV during the football game, so he could see the Georgia Bulldogs win.
Papa Ed, thank you for coming to see us! We miss you and look forward to our next visit!





Grandma Marilyn thank you for the Lion King, we enjoyed getting to see it with Papa Ed!



As for now, this brings me back to the couch. Jamie and I have been doing much of nothing. We are chilling on the couch with a movie and a bucket of cars. This is not what I expected for today, however, he is much calmer when he is not feeling good. It is now time for a nap, so let speed on out of here. Have a good day!

No comments: