"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Monday, October 3, 2011

October Bucket List & the Fall-er-i-zation of the Gray House



I have had the "Fall Bug" since Starbucks brought back the Pumpkin Spice coffee this September and Sonic has a Pumpkin Pie milk shake. However, I have fought it something major. My self control was bottled up until Friday afternoon. This weekend we were not doing any traveling, so we set aside this weekend purely to do what I call "Fall-er-i-zation". We cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I suppose you can say Spring cleaning just in the Fall. Anyways, that is what we did! Here is a picture of the tree out front...Fall is coming!




Friday after work I ran into Trader Joe's to get some Pumpkin Bread Mixes, and some fresh flowers. I got some Sunflowers, the little joys are so nice. After that ran to the outlets to the Yankee Candle Store Outlet to grab a few fall scents. Then we headed home, to watch our favorite October movie---Hocus Pocus!




Saturday morning the alarm went off at 6:55, and both Pollies heard it and jumped up. The day had started. Steven took off downtown to go run with his running club, I however started back on the chores that I had finished the night before. I flung up with the windows, turned up the radio to a Country Music station in Birmingham, called the Bull 102.5, on I heart radio...and the cleaning frenzy began. No dust bunny was left behind. When Steven came home I headed back to our little garden and cleaned it out. The Pollies and the kitties joined him. They were a frisky crew with the cool breeze and warm sun.




We had a Ms. Aimee stop by, which was nice! She is a busy bee with her new career. She is living down in the High Point area now and we do not get to see her as often. But, maybe before to long we can get in a much longer visit. Then, we headed over to a birthday celebration for little Cullen Hughes! I can not believe that this little one is a year, it seems like yesterday that I was going up stairs to see him in the hospital!! Wow!! We also had a neighborhood boyscout stop by selling popcorn! He is a really sweet fellow, and I think we have pretty much bought popcorn from him every year, that is 5 years....wow!! We have been here for 5 years...talk about time!!







Last, we headed over to the church for the Fall Harvest fundraiser. They were selling Bar-B-Q, and that is what we had planned for dinner! It was fantastic, these men can cook dinner any night!! Just tell us when!! We did get to watch our Auburn boys play!! We did get in another win, which excited us! We love them, but it was an ugly game! The best part of the game was the Woody's stopping by after their dinner in town. We don't get together enough, our boys play so good together! We have to get together more often. Plus, I need more cuddle time with sweet Maiya.




Sunday, we were up and at it again. We made "Sticky Buns" for breakfast and headed off to church. When we got back Steven headed back out to the yard, and I finished my tasks upstairs while Jamie got a nap. Aubrey read and relaxed with an afternoon movie. Speaking of reading, she is doing really well. She is into these "Magic Tree House Books". They are these series of books with these characters of Jack and Annie, that go on these magical adventures. She has read several of these and is doing great. After Jamie's nap we headed of to the soccer field. Aubrey had a make up game from last weekend that was rained out. Aubrey was kicked early on in the game, and wanted to be on the side line....whoops, let me start over!! I forgot to spray the lucky glitter that she wears to every game in her hair. Once we were on the field she remembered and asked me to run home and get it. I am I was willing to do this. While I was gone the game started and appearently that is she was kicked some how. She told the ref that she was injured and need to sit down. However, at this time there were no subs. We just had a few girls that came, we only had one girl to come late so, once she was one the field Aubrey could come off. After sitting a while and getting her glitter on, she was ready to get back on the field, however she was still having trouble running. So, then she asked the coach if she could be goalie. She said, that way I won't have to run! She actually did really well at goalie, she took some dives and everything! After the game, which we pretty much lost if we took score, we headed back for a short bike ride while dad cooked a pot of soup. Oh, my on this chilly Sunday it was so good! So, that was our weekend. Steven read to the Pollies while I got in my 3 mile run. With all of our accomplishments over the weekend we are bound to have a great week! However, a little birdie told me that the Pollies are due a special visitor this weekend...I wonder who that will be??

No comments: