"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Worth saving for.

Let me remind you of a post from a few years back. Aubrey began doing chores and learning to save her money for something that she really wanted. First lesson and First purchase. With the reminder, lets fast forward to, last Jan/Feb 2011. One day, at dance Aubrey was sitting with sweet Haley waiting for their next class. Haley got out her new I-pod touch that she received for Christmas. I swear that Aubrey's jaw dropped to the floor, and she march right over to Melissa, and said..."How can she have one of those?" Aubrey knew that they are bit expensive and she knew that I had one. I think in her mind, she thought that only adults could have one. And, now Haley had one, how was that possible! I mean to tell you Aubrey puffed up, and I looked at her and said honey, you can have one too...you just have to save your money! I can remember the discussion with her in the car on the way home, trying to convince her that it was possible. After she went to bed, I told Steven about the situation, and he laughed and said that will take awhile! But, we both agreed, that we would not purchase it for her, not for a Christmas present, or Birthday...and that none of the loving Grandparents are aloud to make this purchase. If she really wanted this, she had to do it herself. At dinner on Tuesday night, Steven was sitting at the table talking with Aubrey about how proud of her we are for staying on green all 9 weeks. She has not pulled a stick. She has been really wanting to go to "Build-A-Bear", like last year. But, Steven thought that it would be better to pay her $2, for every week that she did not pull a stick. So, the extra $18 rocketed her savings up to the $200, that she needed to purchase her very on I-Pod touch. So, every night this week there was major discussions about purchasing her I-Pod. Steven helped her to shop around on-line and find the best deals.


Which, finally brings us to today. We had some major shopping to do today, which included Aubrey's big purchase. So, she loaded every cent she had.And we headed to Best Buy...funny huh, "BEST BUY", it was true, it was the best buy for her.

Marcus was an excellence sales man. He took his time with her, and counted every quarter, nickle, and dime along with the cash she brought. She still has $6 in pennies, thank goodness we did not have to pull them out! Her final purchase was $202.00!

One happy little girl!

Which brings us to brother, he had to buy something too. He brought his piggy bank with him!
This is his big purchase!

And yes...Mom and Dad spend our saving too. We have been saving for a new vacuum cleaner. Our last vacuum has lasted about 5 years, and with our pets, we were lucky. So we caught this one on sale, and we have gift cards. I guess you can say that it is Steven's toy! I do the sweeping and moping. He usually vacuums.

I guess this was my big splurge from the savings. Again, let me tell you another story!
I know that we are good parents, we always put the kids first, and they have warm clothes and never miss a meal. They are well blessed, mainly from those great grandparents.
But, we have to work hard at saving, here is our example...(FYI) you are aloud to laugh, believe me we have, every night!

We only own one set of sets, which is probably not normal. But that is how it is, so we wash the same sheets and put them back on the bed. Well, along with the vacuum, they have lasted about 5 years. I mean they had gotten pretty thin. A few weeks ago, I noticed a rip, were Jamie was sitting on Steven's side. I thought how in the world, well it wasn't long and then my side had rips. Oh boy, we are going to make a new big purchase...because we like the higher thread counts.


Today was the day. We made it! We got new sheets. They are clean and on the bed. We are some lucky Gray's. We have to thank Winnie and Ben for the coupon that they rushed over last night, after I posted and emergency SOS. I am so thankful, for new sheets and great neighbors!

I have to say, that today, was a busy day. However, I feel that one little girl has accomplished such a big endeavor today. She amazes me. I am so proud of her for so many things, but I so happy that she is learning such good lessons at such a young age.

Thankful Thoughts:
1. Wonderful Husband/Best Friend
2. Sweet Children
3. Great Saturday Football
4. Bountiful Blessings
5. Amazing Memories being made

No comments: