"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Monday, August 27, 2012

Back in gear!

Today was the first day of Third Grade.
It was also the first day of Pre-K for Jamie.

We are ready for a new year!

Oh, baby we are really proud of you.
We hope you have great first day.


Remember:
"You is Kind.
You is Smart.
You is Important."
-Aibileen Clark

My goodness at how you have grown sweet girl.
It makes me think about that song,
Barbie Bandaids
by Sonya Isaacs

Playdough rainbows and paper wings,
I remember all of your favorite things.
Like tea time with pooh bear, and Charlie Brown,
Barbie bandaids and princess gowns,
And here I am trying to hold the hands of time,
They're movin' so fast that I'm fallin' behind.

And I know, that you're ready to take a step,
But I'm not ready for that yet,
All I see is my little girl in tears and curls,
Watching you grow before my eyes,
Letting you go one Barbie bandaid at a time.

Bedtime stories of little bo peep,
Saying prayers for the little lost sheep,
Mama's lipstick and skinned up knees.
Secret crushes and diaries.
Your first date and your first goodnight kiss,
And I can't believe we're already to this.

And I know, that you're ready to take a step,
But I'm not ready for that yet.
All I see is my little girl in heels and pearls,
Watching you grown before my eyes,
Letting you go one Barbie bandaid at a time.

Something borrowed, something blue.
Oh but couldn't we have just a minute or two.
An hour or two, a year or two.

Oh, I know, that you're ready, it's really time,
To watch you spread your wings and fly,
Heaven knows I'm so proud of you,
But it hurts me too,
Seeing you grown before my eyes,
Letting you go one Barbie bandaid...... at a time.

Sweet heart, I am cherishing this time.
Mrs. Baker, we hope you had a great first day too!
Aubrey really appreciated the "Jitter Juice" you provided.
Jamie has an exciting day planned with his buddies.
Today he moved up in the big class, the last room on the hall.
It is hard to believe that he has grown so fast.
Miss Erica, it is going to be an interesting day!
Have fun!
 
Steven and I continued our yearly tradition,
Breakfast on the First Day of School.
Elmo's it was!

"Elmosas" for our first day celebration!
Steven enjoyed his Greek Omelet.
My Huevos Rancheros, was great!
This was a perfect date.
While this date was relaxing, we now have some work to do at home.
Before we know it Aubrey will be stepping off the bus.
We will head back to Chapel Hill to get Jamie, and sashay off to ballet with Aubrey.
Our routine begans again today.
But, we will not forget what comes first.


Everyone had exciting day.
We all made it home safe and sound.
Tomorrow, Day 2.

No comments: