"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pig Flu...



You got it...we have it! Per say, Sunday Aubrey began running a fever. I had the day off so I called the doctor to see if we needed to take her in. The nurse said no, just watch her and see how the fever does. She has kept the fever all since Sunday. Tonight it was down to 99.8. Jamie on the other hand had a fever also on Sunday. I kept him home with us. Monday he did not run a temp, so today he went back to Jen's. Steven stayed home with Aubrey today. I will be back home with her. Jamie had a temp of 101.5 tonight and he has a little cough with a runny nose. So, I am probably going to bring them in to the doctor just to make sure. So this has been interesting, since we did get both Flu injections on Friday. When I called the nurse on Monday, she thought that maybe the kids may have been pre-exposed prior to getting the injections and that maybe that this would not be so bad for them. However, she said that it sounds like the swine flu, that is what they have been seeing in the clinic, not the regular flu.

Enough about the flu...let me tell you something that we started tonight. Steven and I are in this really neat Sunday School class. It is made of parents of young children and how to deal with their issues, such as prayer, what does God look like, Can God hear me, death and little things that come into their mind. Anyway, Jan our teacher gave us a challenge this week. It was to start a prayer ritual with our little ones. Our example was to start a prayer chain with her. So, every night she will pray for something special and we will write it down on the paper and add it to the paper chain. Each night she can add another special prayer. So, we were able to start it, she prayed for Dill. This is something new that we are excited about. I can't wait to see how long we can make this little chain as we teach her.

So, this week is definitely not as I had planned, however is it ever the way that you plan it?

No comments: