"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crazy 8

So, I am going to do something out of the norm for me. I want to tell you about one of Jamie's favorite things right now. That would be the number 8. Now, I am not sure why, but that has been his favorite number. Aubrey always had a favorite number to leave out..."13" she always would skip that number, almost as though it did not exist. Jamie on the other hand...he always talks about the number 8.

This morning Steven cooked pigs in the blankets. Jamie asked if he could have 8 of them. If you were to tell Jamie that we needed to go home in 5 minutes, he would respond..."8 more minutes, okay". I could go on with his fetish with "8"...so I will! I am sure that this has something to do with Aubrey turning 8 this year, and this was a new number to him. She also received a magic 8 ball this year.

Or maybe... it is that the lights are off by 8. You know Steven and I have been able to sleep in until 8 on Sunday's. You know our house number is "1403"...add them up, you got 8. So, something tells me though, none of this even matters. It is all just a ploy. A way to avoid doing what he is supposed to.

You know this could be a bit of a scary thing...you see in Feng Shui... the number 8 is a symbol for a mystic knot...basically never ending! It is a good thing, that this is considered a lucky number, or we might just be up the creek 8 miles with a never ending number 8.

So 8...
8 pints make a gallon.
8 is the third number that stays the same when written upside down.
Some large car engines have 8 cylinders.
According to Indian mythology, the Earth is supported on the backs of 8 white elephants.
Before the rise of Christianity, there were 8 days in the Greek and Roman weeks.
A cube has 8 corners or vertices.
An octopus has 8 arms and an octet is a group of 8 musicians. (An octet of octopuses would therefore have 64 arms between them.)
An octagon is a figure with 8 sides and an octahedron has 8 faces.

Riddles of 8
I become infinite when I am asleep.
I am the cube of the littlest prime.
Thrice of me is twice a dozen.
I sound like the past of the solution to hunger.

So after going Feng Shui on you, and then a little mathematical...lets pull out little of the Bible. So the 8th day, refers back to the resurrection of Jesus. Our church has traditionally designed baptismal fonts as octagons, which reminds us of our 8th day or our new beginning. Wow, what a tangent of 8.
.
As for this house full of 8 human feet and 8 mouse feet, we will continue on to our next favorite thing, but you'll have to stay tuned.

No comments: