"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, January 21, 2012

When is your birthday on the clock?

Ok, another little swing into my corkiness. So, at work I tend to notice this a lot, and I have no problem shouting it out to my desk mate, "It is my Birthday on the clock"...she humors me. You see, I always write the time down for each patient that clocks in, and this is why this time always sticks out to me. I will even go on to say, it EXCITES me.
(I almost never see this time at night though, I am usually in dreamland by this point.)

This would be Jamie's Birthday on the clock...by this time of the day, I am on my way to pick him up from daycare. He usually never sees his, birthday.


Then this brings me to Steven's Birthday...so usually by this time I have gotten Jamie in the car and headed to get Aubrey.

Aubrey's Birthday on the clock...she actually has her alarm set on her Ipod to remind her when her birthday is. Usually on Saturday's you can hear this eerie noise playing, almost sci-fi like noise playing, and you know that it is Aubrey's birthday on the clock.
Today it went off during lunch and Jamie yells out..."It is Aubrey's Birthday"!


I do realize that this all is a bit odd, but why not share another "Gray oddity"!
Another clock thing that we do, that you may already do, is to make a wish on the clock...so when the time has all the same digits, you can make a wish...but, after seeing the time and making the wish, you can't look back at the clock until after the time changes. If you look at the clock and it hasn't changed then you loose your wish. So, 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55...you get!


Now for a bit about our week. We have been still enjoying our slow January. Not much to do in the afternoons. The weather has been very warm this January which has allowed us to enjoy being outside a bit more than normal.

One afternoon I was struck silly by this beautiful sunset. We were outside playing and I had to dart inside to grab my camera. These are not the greatest of images, however you can see God's beauty. I told Steven that any day that ends in a beautiful pink sunset, must have been a pretty awesome day!



With that really sweet sunset, let me show you our "Polly-lops"...hehehe...that is right, polly-lops, not lolly-pops! These are perfect for a little late night snack.
Not much to share, but just a little something sweet!
Here is a little art work from the week.
Aubrey usually comes home every afternoon with some sorta of drawing.
Jamie has gotten in to expressing himself through art. I am not sure what he was trying to say in this piece, but I am sure that there was not a color that was left behind.

Thursday night we meet the Elam crew out for dinner. Which actually turned out to be a pretty funny story. You see, "Cici's Pizza" was having a customer appreciate night, and they had pizza for $1.99 a person. We had agreed to meet the Elam's for dinner, but when we got there, I think the entire city of Burlington had the same idea. The line to get into the place we uber long and all we could do was laugh. It was pretty cold and there was no way that we wanted pizza that bad. So, off to Mexican we went. All in all, it turned out to be a great outing and it was great to check in on our little Kallie, and see how her arm was doing. Our prayers are with her this weekend as she heads to the doctor on Monday. She will have some x-rays done to see how things have progressed, I hope this sweet child can be castless on Monday!
Books this week, this has been Aubrey's pick of the week.
Jamie has selected this book from the store, something tells me we will be reading it tonight. Jamie is into dinosaurs something major, along with cars, tools, swords, trains,bikes, legos and gosh everything else!

Speaking of bikes, here is the Jamester riding in the hood. You see, with Aubrey and Jamie peddling so fast, I am having to either run or ride my bike. This particular day I had laced up the running shoes. Aubrey is not shown in this picture, because she left us. By the time we got back to our side of the circle, Jamie ditched his bike and we headed out on foot to follow Aubrey. Jamie and I bought ran at the top part of the neighborhood, it is amazing how far he can run with those little sticks (aka...legs).

Before I end this post I wanted to share one last image with you. This is an exciting thing in our house...it is a lemon. That is right, Steven's lemon tree is actually putting out a lemon. We will keep you updated as it grows.

No comments: