"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Friday, January 13, 2012

Carrots, Bikes, Tacos, and Dance


Remember those carrots? Remember that Steven and Aubrey planted them last Spring? Remember they rediscovered them last Sunday? Remember that you can wash them? Remember what they are good for?

We did...
Beef Stew Baby!

And it is good! O' yeah!

A funny this week, Jamie helped me set the table for dinner. He picked his and Aubrey's utensils, and then picked some out for Steven and I. I remember hearing him say that daddy needed a grown up fork and foon...aka spoon. He really has a had time with a "SP"...fiderman (spiderman), fot (spot), and it just goes on. Anyway, once I got to the table I noticed that he had set the table with the serving pieces. Yes, Steven did eat with his ginormous spoon. Me on the other hand, I did not even try.
The weather this week was really nice for the most part. I basically ran home after work, gathering the pollies from their schools. As soon as I could shed my work clothes we were back out the door with our bikes. I have had a blast getting back into my schedule. I was back at the gym three times this week, can I get a heck 'ya! Woot, woot.




I am so excited about the use these shoes have gotten this week. I made it to Zumba on Saturday, ran with the renegades on Sunday, gym on Monday, gym on Wednesday, gym on Thursday, and Just Dance Wii tonight! I am so glad to have them sitting on the stairs right now!

Now...Steven's kicks have a bit of an accessory to them! This is typical of our house at night, we are trying to set the table, empty the dishwasher, and get dinner on the table. There are always little distractions such as Jamie pulling this stunt or Aubrey practicing her cartwheels. But, we some how we make it to table.

Which brings me back to tonight! On the way home tonight, we told Jamie we had a secret and we wanted to share it with him. The secret was tonight is taco night. Which the pollies love. So, all the way home we played this game, screaming "TACO" and saying shhhh. Once we made it home, we had a blast listening to Hispanic music on Pandora as we cooked and fixed the table, and yes we danced in the kitchen...all four of us! I mean, how could you not?! Here are a few pics from the table...






Then after dinner, we needed to burn off those extra calories...with Just Dance, I believe Aubrey is still dancing in her dreams, she does so well at this!


It was not long before we had to break for a treat, tonight dessert was chocolate cherries (frozen), and then back on the dance floor!

I had to post this last pic, I love this picture of Aubrey laughing!

No comments: