"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Growing, and Gaining by Grace "2012"

2012- And not just "Another"...but even better... "A New" year. I am making my first post for the year, since my last post took me a few weeks to get together, with all of that time, I was able to gather my thoughts for the first post for 2012.

I heard something yesterday that truly spoke to my heart...from my Zumba instructor, Terry G. ! She is so motivating. She said, don't come to Zumba to lose this year, come to gain. She said it is a new year, and think about what you want to get from this class, and don't think about what you want to take away. That struck me to my pinkie toes! Here I have been thinking about my new year, not really wanting to loose or adjust anything, but what truly I wanted to gain for the new year. I had not quite put it into perspective, like Terry. But, she help me to think about not trying to achieve my goals, but to sit back and let them come to me as I go through the year. I guess I try so hard to play puppet master and set goals and work so hard to achieve them in a year. Along with pleasing others. So, her motivating opener for the class, stuck with me, and I had to share it with Steven.

We are a very faith driven family. We love God and the Grace that he provides. We do our jobs, as part of our mission work. I believe that my job at the desk where I work provides comfort to the women that our doctors see. There are some sad situations, joyful blessing and great friendships that I have experienced sitting at my desk. I feel that God placed me there for a reason. Steven's job! I truly believe that he has a gift. The work that he has been doing is amazing, and the families of the children that he is doing this for, mean so much to him. With that being said, this year is going present some amazing adventures for us. We hope that this year will blossom into some graceful things from God. But, we both feel that we want to gain from the year and not take away anything. This morning during communion, we went to the Altar, we both wanted to lay out our worries, controls, and truly leave this new year into God's hands. As I was praying, God's quietly reminded me...as I am giving up the control, to stop thinking so much about mine and Steven's year, but to look at the Aubrey and Jamie's year too! To sit back and watch what they will gain in the new year. WOW...God, you are right, I was so thinking about Steven and I, that I needed to give more focus on the Pollies. Needless to say, I did go "All-God-like"on you, but this is who we are! We don't always talk about our faith, we are a bit more private with our prayers, but this is something that we feel strongly about.

2012, you are here, now do your thang!

Here are few pics, we have taken this month...


Jamie had a bestie come and visit...Caiden, for a Friday night brew-ha-ha!

Sweet Maiya...too!
Our Brownie...selling cookies again this year.


She says they are $4 a box, and they should be in near Valentine's.
Digging in carrots...






and my sweet super boy!









I think that we are going to enjoy this year!

No comments: