"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Monday, May 7, 2012

Lots of Picking

While Dad was in the hospital, I had time to read.
This was a book I have been wanting to read.  
I definitely thing it is a must read.
I connected to this story in many was, but I have 
learned a lot from this book.
If you get a chance, pick it up!

Choosing to See: A Journey of Struggle and Hope [Book]


Sunday, we were out back playing and picking mulberries. 
Jamie said he was going to pick my flowers, 
my first instinct was to say no...don't pick them.   But, I had a brief reminder from the book.
It was that Mary Beth would have let her daughter pick as many flowers as she could if she could just have her back.  With that quick thought, I told Jamie to pick as many as he needed.
Here they are!
  

Tonight, at dinner Jamie spilt his drink,
so, we made it down to his undies.  I thought he was so sweet being so carefree in his shoes and undies.



 This laugh, is so sweet!
 



 Back to the back yard...
 There is this nest, in our monster wisteria tree.  
The momma and daddy bird, hang out and protect the tree.  
Can you see the bird on the fence?
 Strawberries






 Dill aggravating the birds!
 More Mulberry picking!







We love our backyard, and we love getting spending time together!

No comments: