"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Monday, November 10, 2008

Hard Effort

Steve writing tonight (except about the persimmons below). This turned into game night for Aubrey and I. We played Hi Ho Cheerio and Connect Four. She did really well at both of them. Then she talked about trying to play checkers with her friends at school. We decided to have a go at it... she wanted to show me that she knew how to do it. Christy and I were both amazed at how well she did considering she's four. She stuck with it, but it was late by the time we finished so she didn't take losing really well. Sorry, I didn't let her win. She did get one "double jump," which she was very excited about. We got down to my 3 kings against her 1 king, and she didn't think very well of those odds. When I explained that I've been playing for 25 years and grandpa Bernie was even better than me it made her feel better. Now she wants to keep playing me so she can get good and beat her friends. That's my girl :)


Spring of 07 we bought a dwarf lemon tree that started out about 6" tall. We kept giving it love and it kept growing and growing. This spring it flowered and made little green golf-balls that I convinced myself were key limes. I was sure that they gave me the wrong tree. They sat on the tree all summer and finally this fall they got a little bigger and turned yellow. Lo and Behold! I have lemons! It's the little things in life that make me happy sometimes. And Christy can have pretty lemon slices in her lemonade, so she's happy too.


Aubrey and I picked all the peppers in the garden right before the first frost, and now we are waiting for them to turn colors. They should all be yellow or red. We'll see... if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

So, when Aubrey bought her coconut, I bought these. These are persimmons. We used to have a persimmon tree in our front yard (pasture). We used to love picking them, we used to pucker! However, they were really good and great memories. When I saw these I had to have them. They were good.

No comments: