"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Simple Sunday

Today we took it easy. Steven has been unloading the Christmas stuff from the attic. We have totes everywhere. However we do have an organized mess. Yeah, I know that I am going to be dealing with it all week and it is going to drive me coo-coo. We have the living room tree, the dinning room tree, the Auburn Tree, Aubrey's Tree and the the Tree in my room all standing. We did decorate Aubrey's today and the Auburn tree. I am going to take one at a time and try not to stress over it. Usually I can complete every thing pretty quick. With Jamie it is a little more difficult this year. I did squeeze in a nap today, so that has set me back a few hours. However, it will be done before the man in red looks for our chimney. He will have to keep looking, though, we don't have one.


So, I suppose you want to know our thoughts on the game Saturday. I think that Steven's proudest moment was at the grill. The ribs were the most positive thing about the game. We were the most upset by not getting any points period. However, we still love our Auburn. We had friends over and it was to fun to share our love of this particular game. It is sorta like a mini-holiday for us. I caught Aubrey yelling out the front window, (we had them open since it was hot from all the cooking), she was telling a neighbor "Happy Auburn Day"! She was telling them that it was Auburn Day. I am sure that they laughed and went on there way.

I wanted to share a few photos of Jamie playing tonight. Also, there is a pic of Aubrey's coat pocket. Yes, those are rocks. I went to was her coat this weekend and it felt a little heavy when I picked it up. So, I went exploring and found rocks. When I asked her about it, she said mom the those are my stones. They are not rocks. By the way Steven has been working on his crown molding in the Auburn room we are so getting close to being done. I think that when we are done we are going to open a bottle of champagne to finish this project.

No comments: