"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Monday, November 3, 2008

Pilgramage for the pilgram dress...

as I am sure Bernie would say. So, I love Strasburg clothing! I try to get Aubrey's Christmas and Easter Dresses there every year. Bernie (Steven's Dad) says that they look like Pilgram Dresses. Hence my title. So, as you have guessed, I have been in pursuite of the Perfect Christmas Dress for the past week. Not only a dress but a Jon-Jon for Jamie. So, many places and no time, and I need them by Friday. Along with the Black Stride-Rite "Felicia" shoe that I have bought for Aubrey every year since she was one. Every spring she gets the white and every fall she gets the black patton. Not creature of habbit, just style. Anyway, my venture started last week, at Peaches and Cream. I like that store a lot, however from a quick glance in that store, I didn't like their matching (sister/brother) outfits, so I decided I would make my way to the big Durham Mall (Streets of South Point) to the Strasburg store sometime this week. The online store had them on sale for 40% off, the store had buy one and get the second 60%off. Yeah, I need to get them by Friday, with the extra shipping I still would have come out better with the online shop, however the prices online are much more than the store. So, the store was the best option...However...they were out of Aubrey's size, already!!! The sales lady, made a deal where she could get the dress in the store by the manager's husband, by Friday. So, I made the purchase! Yeah....MATCHING CHRISTMAS OUTFITS!!!! Still no shoes, for Aubrey. So, I searched the 2 stores at the mall where they sell stride-rites. None her size...all I could think is...are you kidding! So, at this point I am ready to go to Wal-Mart! However, in the back of my head there is the gift card for Dillard's that I have from Daddy, from my birthday. So, I call my good buddies at Dillard's, in Green Hills, they looked in the computer and they are showing that they have the shoe, they are going to look tonight and call me back tomorrow and ship it here by Friday! (Thanks dad for the birthday present), they will look great on Aubrey. So, the reason for the Pilgramage is that we are going to the Biltmore this weekend and I wanted to take pictures of the Polliwogs at the Biltmore for our Christmas Cards. Yeah, we are already thinking of Christmas Cards...that is how we roll.

***This is Steven inserting my 2 cents worth. My wife is crazy... certifiably nuts. I think this blog proves it. And Jamie, I'm sorry you have to wear this stuff. I'll get you a tonka truck, a dinosaur, a football, or something to make it better.***

Here are some pictures of Steve with the Polliwogs tonight, he is reading to them.

4 comments:

Chad said...

"I'll get you a tonka truck, a dinosaur, a football, or something to make it better."

lol

abryant said...

They are precious and don't worry Steven, Jamie will turn out just fine. After all you can't dress them in Jon Jon's forever. At some point he will refuse. Dalton started bucking the system at 3. So sad.

David and Nikki said...

I'm still not so sure he will turn out just fine. If he continues to look so much like Dad, we could all be in serious trouble.

Love ya'll

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Nikki...he does look like your Daddy.

Kisses
GiGi