"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Monday, September 28, 2009

Where do we start?

So, I guess the first thing to share is that Aubrey has joined "Daisy" scouts, which is the Girls Scout program. She is excited. However, on the way to her first meeting she was really quizing me on the program. She wanted to know what they would do, who would be there, and then it came....Aubrey's own spin on things! She said "Mom, I just don't know about this Daisy Scout thing", then I started questioning her with, "what do you mean"? She said "Well, I don't want to be a Daisy, I want to be a Daffodil, they are more beautifuler!" I knew right then where this was coming from, in her Kindergarten class, they are called the "Flower Patch Class" and she sits at the Daffodil table. I think that she is going to enjoy this Daisy group, however I think that she is relating it to "Bunny Scouts" from Max and Ruby! We will see.

Today Aubrey came home saying..."We had a tudatoot", I was like "What?"...she said a tudatoot! She explained, "She is a guest, since Mrs.Postlethwait wasn't there". So, I said "Your teacher was out today, and said "Yes", "and we had a tudatoot". So, then I asked "you mean a SUBSTITUTE?" and she said "Oh, yeah that is what I meant".

So, last night Steven got the Halloween things down from the attic. So tonight Aubrey was able to decorate. She loves this. She filled her candy corn jar right away. Then, she dug in and she even shared with Jamie. He is into the candy corn and sweet-tarts.

Then we were off to the library for story time. Aubrey and Diana had a great time. It was nice to meet Chloe there. The girls are really good and they listen with such intensity.



Here is how we ended our trip...Sonic! They did great! I think that the Sonic trip will have to be a once in a blue moon thing. It just keeps us out too late, and our girls need there beauty sleep!

Jamie and Diana had cups of ice cream that were huge!!!! Next time we will have to order one and share, it was a waste for the both of them! Oh, the tricks we learn to save a dollar. I am learning tricks everyday. Thank goodness for other mommies and their ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like I remember when Aubrey couldn't reach the counter.
Jamie doesn't have any shoes on...candy corn must be distracting.
Love, Grandma Marilyn