"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Monday, October 6, 2008

Candy Corn!

So, we are not one of the families that have nice little bowls of candy sitting out. No reason, we just aren't! However, I did try to sit the candy corn in a bowl and I have it on the coffee table in the family room. Yes, it is killing Aubrey! She is so excited! The first thing she did once she walked in the house was to ask for some candy corn. Of course I said sure. I told her that she could have 3 pieces. But, if she would give me a kiss she could have 4. That was great to her, she ran and kissed me! So, I proceeded to unload the car. After I finished with the stuff, I brought Jamie in. He was asleep. When I sat him on the breakfast table, Aubrey said "Mom, you know what"...her famous words! "If I give you a hug I get 5!" I told her that she was right and I gave her a hug. My child is always pushing through to the next level. Always negotiating. Never content!

So, Steven had a journal club meeting tonight, for you non-science folks (like me), that is where they read papers and discuss the research in the articles. However, this is mainly done for young spuds to help them understand what they are reading. Steven did a lot of this throughout Auburn and Vandy. Tonight his boss (Jude) asked him to help participate with the young spuds.
So, I had the polliwogs tonight. So they are fed and in bed ----SCORE!

No comments: