"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thou shalt not steal...

So, Aubrey did not have to go to jail!

I know that this happened to me....

This is how it went for Aubrey today:

I went into Party City, looking for upcoming parties. Before we checked out, Aubrey asked if she could have this pack of mini M&M's I told her yes. Later after dinner when we got back in the car, she asked if she could eat them. She had pulled them out of her pocket! The bag from the store was in the back of the car. I said "Aubrey, I did not pay for those!" She had put them in her pocket. We realized at this point that she had taken them and we didn't pay. I told her that was wrong and that we had to pay for them. She was upset. However, they might call the police, I wasn't sure. She was tore up. We did go back. She apologized to the clerk. The clerk told her that she appreciated her telling the truth and to please not let this happen again. Next time she would have to tell the police. Aubrey was very grateful!

I remember that package of Kool-Aid, that I stole from Super Foods. I was getting it because we were out, and Mom need to get more. It took no effort to go back. That is what my parents did. I am sure that she will remember this. However, Jamie didn't like getting in and out of the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to go with Aubrey on this one....she didn't purposely steal them....she just forgot to put them with the items to be paid for. There was no intent to steal. But, of couse she learned a lesson....when you discover you forgot to pay, you go back and pay. God love my baby girl!

Granny

abryant said...

Bless her little heart! I can't believe the saleperson told her that next time she would have to tell the police. Way to scare a sweet baby!! I'm thinkin' that she'll never make that mistake again!