"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The art of Thumb War...


So, tonight we all had chores to do. Yuck! So, Aubrey rushed and got her bath. After that she had to do her trash collecting, then replace the toilet paper in the holders in the bathrooms. She made it to the dinner table and completed her meal just in time to finish her movie from last night. She had 30 minutes left over so, she and Steven played trouble. I finished my chores downstairs and gave Jamie his bottle. I got him to sleep just in time for bedtime. "Bedtime" is special mommy/daddy time before or getting up from bed. This was something that was special growing up for me. Anyway, since Jamie konked out pretty quick, I was able to join in on the book for bedtime.So as she climbs into bed, we have to remove any access animals that might have climbed into her bed during the day. We have a rule that only 5 animals can sleep with her. Believe me that there are reasons for rules...she plays to much! Anyway she had to remove the extras and put them on her desk.
So, this is the book we made Steve read. "Pinkalicious" it was a gift that Chase and Haley gave Aubrey for her birthday. It was the first time that we read it. It is really cute.

So, her last lesson of the night...the art of thumb war! So, I suppose that Steven and I were in a "Goofalicious" mood after that book and he and I decided to have a round at Thumb War. Well, this was exciting for her. Now we are worried about her note from the teacher tomorrow...no telling what she is going to do to the other kids thumbs.

No comments: