"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Grocery Store Feet"




Today the "Coon-skinned Hat" was the hat of the day. This morning both Pollies piled into bed with us at 7:00. Game-on, at the point...we sent them on to the playroom, as we woke up slowly. I finished my book, while Steven complained about the 3 cats laying next to him. After we were ready for church, I dressed the Pollies. Jamie had his mind set on a hat for the day, and that was his "Coon-skinned Hat". You know it goes perfect with the Jon-Jon and green frog rain boots, that are on the wrong feet. But, this was how he wanted to roll in the Lord's house today, and I said "AMEN".

After church Steven stopped by the nursery and got Jamie, he came out with no shoes on. Of course, I told him that he was going to have "Grocery Store Feet"! Saying this in front of a close friend made me realize that I am truly an Alabamian. If you can picture walking around a Piggly-Wiggle or (Super-Foods as we would) with no shoes, you would have the nastiest feet. Boy have things changed.

No comments: