"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tax-free & Lego's






I am setting in the bed to post. I have "Sweet Home Alabama" on, I love that movie! I finally have the Pollies in the bed. They took to long to settle in tonight. Jamie was up many times tonight, once I walked through the upstairs and he had his bedroom light on and he was playing. Silly "STINK'N" boy! Steven ran off to Buffalo Wild Wings with the neighborhood guys. Tonight while I was tucking Aubrey in she asked me " Buffaloes don't really have wings, do they?" I had to laugh! She is always listening.

Now for today:

We had to make a big decision today. We have had the camp-out planned for today. We have been watching the weather for the past two days. This morning Steven was rained out of his run this morning. Later this morning we made to call to call off the camp-out b/c the rain chance was too high and we did not want to drag kids in out of their tents in from the rain. We can't wait for next weekend for the "REDO".

We continued on with our other plans for the day. It is tax-free weekend in NC. So, I took Aubrey shopping to get her school clothes. This is the one time of year we load up. Just so you know Grands, we are now in a size 8 , and shoes 2. Jamie is in size 3t and size 10 shoe.
I use to love this time of year when we would go school shopping. I loved the new clothes and new supplies. Oh, the supplies!! We got Aubrey's today also. I can remember wanting to rush home and wanting to write my name on EVERYTHING!!! I would pray that I would not get so excited that I would not miss-spell my own name!! Aubrey had a request for one special thing, well a few things, but she was begging for new sketchers this year, but they needed to be..."Bella Ballerina's"!!! Apparently, they have this disc,on the ball of the shoe that turns and she saw them on TV and she had to have them. I am not sure how well these are going to go over at school, but we will have fun spinning anyway!
We went to lunch together, and yes Aubrey had her "Diet Coke with a cherry in it", I suppose that never gets old. After our long day shopping we needed to relax at the movies, so we headed over to see "Smurfs"! It was really cute, however it has hard to try not to picture Dill as Azrael. I had a great day with my little 2nd grader. We have been hoping that we love our 2nd grade teacher as much as Ms. F. Our 1st grade teacher was heaven sent! We love her so much, and we are going to miss her.

The Boys:

They had a Lego fest today. They seemed to have had a blast, the play room is scattered with Legos and Steve instructed me not to clean them up, they were not finished!! So, the door is closed so that Dill does not sneak in and steal the Legos.


When we drove up from shopping, the Ice Cream truck was pulling around the circle playing Jingle Bells, Aubrey jumped out and stopped it, while I grabbed Jamie. Chloe met us there, while little Andy came from across the street. After ice cream it was time to wrestle the Pollies to bed. Now, I think ...I have the house quiet and Steven is gone, I can post and jump back into my book.

This is the book we are reading in Sunday School. Boy, it has been great, and it sure makes you think, about the way you think! Good Night, all.

No comments: