"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pearls and Tissues...






Thursday night, 8 days after the movie was released...the theater was packed! I was scrunched in with two of my Renegade Sisters, Andrea and Stacy. We wore our pearls and brought our tissues.
I have so many thoughts on this movie I can't began to type them all. The words in the book and in the movie that way hard on me are:
"You is kind. You is smart. You is important. "
I completely lost it when Mae Mobley repeated it back to Aibileen later on in the movie. It reminds me how much I need to tell the Pollies how special they are to me everyday, no matter what express line we are in.

There are many other lessons that this book holds, but I will not began to start on that tonight. I wanted to give my 2 thumbs up on the movie and thank Andrea and Stacy for going! I feel so blessed sharing this movie with you girls. Our tissues were much needed...I blotted several tears. As for the Pearls, we just looked dashing!


No comments: