"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lazy and Easy Weekend.

This weekend was real fun. We slept in Saturday morning which was really nice. Once we were up I headed out to my meeting and left Steven with the Polliwogs. They had breakfast and played. When I got home we headed outside. Aubrey and Steven had some seeds that she wanted to plant before she heads to Alabama. Hopefully they will be growing while she is gone.
Of coarse Jamie was right there with them investigating. More than likely inspecting the planting of the seeds.




Here is Dill under this peach tree, on the hunt. He is aggravating these 2 birds that have a nest in the bird house that Papa Ed built Aubrey. He is the adventurous one out of all the cats!
While we were out front Steven and Aubrey found a lizard. They had to catch it and examine it. While I think that this is sorta yucky, Aubrey thinks that her Dad is cool.


So, after naps we had plans to meet up with the Schwartz's. Steven and Joel ran this race in High Point, called the Leaping Lizard. Aubrey and I made posters for the girls to cheer for there Daddy's. Sarah and I gathered up things for a picnic and joined the girls and Jamie to cheer them on. We had a really great time.

Jamie was a little thief, he kept taking things from Katie's plate. He took her Cheetos first, which I thought Sarah had given him his on bag, but no Jamie helped himself! Then, he helped himself to her juice and some of her sandwich. He was moving faster than I could. I couldn't get his dinner for having to stop and return things back to Katie.
Here are our "SUPER DAD'S" they did really well. We are really proud of these studs!




The kids had a great time playing while waiting on the Dad's to hurry back!
Aubrey cheering for her Daddy, she was so happy for her Daddy.
Does this remind you of Lady and the Tramp?

Jamie's first apple.
O.K.-so I am a little proud of Steven too! I even accepted a nasty sweaty hug!
Yeah, Steven placed 3rd, in his age group.
Now who's metal is it???

So, the kids had a sleepover at the Schwartz's, even Jamie! Steven and I got to sleep in, and go grocery shopping, with no children.
We had a wonderful day. We went and had lunch with the Schwartz's and brought our babies home. Now they are sleeping, and we are resting and getting ready for another work week.

No comments: