"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Show me the money!

This "saving for Barbie" thing is working out pretty well for us. Aubrey keeps asking us for chores to do, so she can get more money to by the Mariposa Barbie. Tonight she cleaned up her dishes after dinner, helped me (Steve) pick tomatoes for ~30 minutes, and emptied all the upstairs garbage cans. She got all my quarters and dimes, which came out to about $1.70 (I'm keeping my nickels in case she does more chores before I can get some cash). I think she's made a total of about $6 from chores this week. She needs to be careful... we're finding out how much she is capable of doing. And we need to be careful or she'll expect money every time we ask her to do something :). I think it is working pretty well, though, and we're all pretty happy with the arrangement. We counted her money tonight, and she's up to $16.92 (she started with some money in her piggy bank before we started). She needs about $18.50 to cover the barbie plus tax, so she's very excited.

































Garden update: Aubrey's watermelons are done, but she got 2 medium-sized one and a softball-sized one. My zucchini are also done. The peppers are finally producing pretty well, and as you can see the carrots are getting bigger and my tomatoes are making more than we can eat (off 3 plants!). Aubrey's sunflowers are about 9-10 feet tall, and these small yellow finches just love to eat the seeds. I've been trying to get a picture, but they're skiddish.



No comments: