"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Random things about me.

I did this a today on my Facebook. I thought that would share it on the blog.

1. I enjoy playing host. I love to have parties and having people over. I love having the food set out on pretty plates and bowls. Parties are great.
2. My favorite flower is a yellow Calla Lily. My wedding bouquet had 29 yellow Calla Lilies; I was married July 29, 2000. I still have them!
3. Reese’s Cups are my weakness! I really like them in the yellow packages at Easter, when they are shaped liked Eggs!
4. I collect ornaments. I have 9 Christmas trees, 6 big ones and 3 smaller ones. I collect ornaments for the different themes on each tree. I love Christmas!
5. I hate exercising! Nevertheless, I will say that I love the feeling when I am finished. I feel as though I have completed a task.
6. Whew, water! Not one of my favorite things. It too is a task. I chew gum just to give it flavor, and so I can finish it quickly, before my gum looses it flavor.
7. I love to dream. I spend most of my dreamtime thinking of my dream house. I think about all the rooms and storage I want. I dream of all that I think that I need. Steven puts up with it, and says that sounds good.
8. Nightmares. Alligators and Indians. They use to get me, always. I am not sure about the gators, I would have wicked dreams that I would be in the water with them or someone I knew. When I see them on TV, I flip the channel right away. The Indians, go back to my Dad watching westerns on TV. I would dream that I would be inside a house, and hear them coming and chanting riding on horses. Scary stuff.
9. I love to organize. I organize most everything. Order is important.
10. I do not cook. Timing is everything, and that makes me a wreck. Steve cooks and I clean! Great setup.
11. A date that I remember is when we were in high school, Steven picked me up and we got pizza (my favorite). We went to Gates Drive and ate at a picnic table. We walked the track and played on the playground. I loved that wooden bridge.
12. I graduated from Auburn University in 2000. I have a degree in Fine Arts. My concentration is in painting. I love to paint; I just do not make the time.
13. My dream job…it includes volunteering. I want to be jobless with a lot to do. I want to drive kids around, (in a Cross Country Volvo, since I am dreaming) and help some charitable organization.
14. I catch myself trying to please everyone. Not a good thing all the time, it is exhausting.
15. Coffee shops make me nervous. There are so many options, it cost as much as a meal, and I am afraid it will not taste good. Is there a true yummy coffee that is low in calories that I do not feel guilty getting?
16. After coming to the realization that God did not give me the body that a cheerleader should have, I decided to do the next best thing! I became the school Mascot. It was fun. It provided me the opportunity to go to London. I was in the New Year’s Day Parade in 1995. London is cool.
17. I have never ridden on a REAL train. I want to do that some day. Steven rode one last summer in Spain. Just one ride will do me.
18. I love to burn candles. They seem to relax me. I do not relax, there is too much to do and I might miss something. I love to go on Vacations to do something different. Vacations are for doing something out of the norm, not for relaxing.
19. Games. This is touchy. I hate Monopoly, Steven cheats and steals! In addition, it takes to long. Cards, there are too many games, and so many rules. Scrabble, I just cannot spell, there is no hope. Give me Pictionary, Scattergories, Catch Phrase, and Red light...Green Light.
20. I love to go to the beach. I grew up near the Gulf. It was a treat to go to the beach. This year we want to go to the beach here in North Carolina. I have never seen the Atlantic. Then, I can try to make it to the Pacific. Hum, a pattern?
21. Diet Coke. True Love. Must I continue?
22. I love our bird feeder. There is always free entertainment. It is almost like the water cooler at work!
23. Valentine’s Day. Why does it have to be after Christmas and New Year’s? We are broke and I am on a diet.
24. I love to open my windows. I love the crisp air, when I can do this. However, it can make Steven sick, and the temperature has to be perfect. It is such a treat to open them when I can.
25. I would love to go and do a mystery dinner in a castle. I would want to participate and have to figure out how did what happen, when, where, who. I would love to figure out the mystery.

Just something a little different. It takes time to think about yourself.

No comments: