"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Short post.

Friday night I flew into Birmingham about 7:00-ish. I got a rental, then drove Jamie and I to Applebee's for a quick dinner in Bessemer. Then, we drove to Thomasville. We got in at Dad's about 10:30. We visited briefly. Jamie stayed up crying for and hour. He was all confused.

This morning we got up got ready and headed into town for breakfast. Our soon to be step-brothers joined us. Then we headed to the nursing home to see " Grannie-Great", she is Dad's mother. We loaded her up and took her out to her home where she could get some things to decorate her room. While Dad, Tami and Nikki drove her out to the house, I drove over to Grandma Marilyn's and Papa Ed's. We stayed for a "mini" visit. Just enough for them to see Jamie crawl around. I wish that we could have stayed longer, Jamie was all into their dogs.

After that we all met back at the nursing home to decorate. We ended up running out to Wal-Mart to crab a few things for her make her room a little more cozier. It took most of the afternoon, however I think that Grannie had a great time. She was really tired when we left.

After that Nikki, Jamie, Aubrey and I went out to Mom's and Harry's. We visited them briefly as well. They were doing great. Aubrey likes playing the computer games. After that we headed back to Dad's to get the Polliwogs bathed and packed. We grabbed dinner for the road, and sailed in to Tuscaloosa. Not a bad day. We felt like a tornado, however we accomplished so much.

There was so much that we would have loved to do. Time was such an issue this trip. Aubrey has collected so much loot this trip. Toys, Clothes, Snacks, and Quarters!!!! That child. Aunt Nomi and Uncle Melvin decided to give her chore money!!! I want you to know that she won't spend it!!! That rat will save her money and beg me to buy her something!! That was nice! She was excited. However, Aunt Nomi, Aubrey calls you "the lady that made my blanket". I don't know what she is going to do when she goes to Kindergarten. She has carried it with her everyday, since I don't know when.

So, I am getting up early and flying home in the morning! I can't wait to relax a little before we head over to Cindy and Greg's (aka...June Bug). By the way cheer for the Steelers! Anthony Madison #37 is from Thomasville! And Kendall Simmons #73, went to Auburn. Kendall was in my Art Classes with me.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ok, so first off, BOOO on the Steelers...and even bigger BOOO that they won! lol

Seems like you were really busy this weekend with your short trip to Alabama! I bet you need a weekend from your weekend...I know I do! Been a busy one for me too. Well I'll see ya at work tomorrow!!! :)