"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pigs!




So, I wanted to do a quick post on pigs. I meant to do this during Christmas, and well I was busy and put it off. However, I have time tonight. One of the Christmas Trees that I have is my pig tree. Susanne and I have always given pigs to one another as gifts. One year she truly trumped me. She bought me a real pig! Petunia, was her name. I was in college, living in a dorm at the time, and was floored. What was I going to do with this pig. It ended up at Granddaddy's house. He and Ella Rhee agreed to take it. He ended up putting it on the Swap-Shop (a radio show on a Thomasville station, where these rural folks list what they have to sell, or whatever.) Anyway, my Dad heard that there was a pig, listed under my Granddaddy's phone number. Which meant that he was getting rid of this pig. So, Dad prank-called him, acting as though he wanted to buy this pig to eat. He kept asking him, "Just how big is it..." and silly things like this to get at Granddaddy. Poor Granddaddy, kept telling him, "You can't eat this kind of pig". So, this pig story will last in our family forever.

Since, Susanne and I have decided not to worry over gifts for Birthday's, we decided to do one thing for one another each year. That is to buy a pig ornament for each another. We both have a tree with nothing but pigs on it. It has been so much fun trying to find them. But they are out there!

No comments: