"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fun 3 days!





















Jamie got up at 4:30 Friday morning. We decided to go ahead and get up and feed him. Then, he played while we got ready. While Steven was downstairs packing lunches Jamie fell back to sleep. When I came down and saw him, I thought that this was too cute. He was asleep at the horse!

Friday we had a gush of rain hit right when I got off of work. It lasted until I got to the Polliwogs. After I picked them up, we headed to the mall. Steven had left earlier to get my dad from the airport. We were meeting them for dinner. When we got to the mall, Aubrey spotted this rainbow. She was so excited! I can remember being her age and being that excited to see them. I would look from my Grannie's back porch over the hill towards my house, there it would be, the prettiest rainbow, after the refreshing rain. I used to pretend to do rain dances, usually my Papa would join in. Ahh, the memories!

Speaking of...Papa. We met him for dinner. After dinner we went shopping for Kelly, our neighbor, she had a b'day party saturday at Chuckie Cheeses. Saturday morning we went to Aubrey's soccer game. She is #2 in the pictures, and her team is ironically called the tadpoles. She did so well... much much better than her previous practices and games. She even scored a goal! Go Aubrey. The last picture on the field is her kicking the goal. Then we went home and got her ready for the birthday party. She went with Laura and TJ. They took her so that we could stay home with Daddy. I got a nap!

Later we went out shopping and we came home for the Auburn game. What a close one. I didn't stay up for it, Dad and Steve did. This morning we all slept until about 8:00ish. We left to take Dad to the airport about 9:00. After that we did our weekly trip to Wal-Mart. We came home and played outside, including Aubrey riding her bike. Then we had lunch and headed down for naps. We all have a touch of a viral infection, we feel blah. After naps Aubrey wanted to do some "science" with Steve. This included mixing different food coloring with a pipette, and mixing gelatin with apple juice. She likes doing this, but it gets messy so she doesn't get to much. Steven did grill tonight. Dinner was great. We are now settling in for our Sunday night movie and ice cream. This week we are watching Aristocats.

One exciting thing is that Aubrey has learned Tic-Tac-Toe. She keeps calling it Tit-Tat-Toe.
We had a wonderful weekend, and Dad thank you. We really love having you.

I need to say hello to GiGi. I hope that things are going well, and we are thinking about you up here in NC.

2 comments:

abryant said...

Thanks so much for the pics. It's so good to get to see Aubrey and Jamie grow. Also good to see Uncle James. I remember lots of things that happened at your grandparents house, remember the slime and goat cheese and orange juice:) good memories, thanks!

Anonymous said...

"The Aristocats" was one of Kaitlyn's (aka Kat, now that she is a teenager) favorite movies when she was Aubrey's age. I think we finally wore out the VHS tape! Good to hear it was a wonderful weekend.

GiGi