"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a weekend.















We have had a great weekend. Aubrey can now write and spell her last name by herself. She can do what she calls a bridge. That would be a push up from the floor into a back bend. She is taking dance and tumble from a new studio. This was a huge decision for me to pull her from where she was at for two years. I just felt I needed to due to the scheduling concerns with her last studio. Somehow it all worked out, these new teachers are getting across to her. They are making these classes extremely fun. In her tumble class, one day they pretended that were circus puppies and had to flip through a hoop. The teacher made it really fun, the ballet teacher is really cool. She has all kind of neat tricks. I am really pleased. Back to the bridge, she has been working on this since she was 2, and Saturday I am in the kitchen cooking and she came downstairs and said, look mom. There it was, a perfect bridge. I was so excited!

When Dad was up here last weekend, instead of taking us out to dinner, he bought us a Wii. We have wanted one but, we wanted to wait until Aubrey was old enough to play. Yes, you are right, Dad bought Aubrey the Wii. However, we have to play it in order to teach her. :) Well, Friday night we had received everything in mail. (We had to order it!) They are really hard to find. Anyway, we had set Friday night as the game night for her. We ordered pizza and played the Wii with her. Let me tell you, Steven makes the prettiest princess. As you can guess we got her the Disney Princess game, you have to make your own princess, in order to play. Steven spent most of the time picking out their hair, their dresses, hairbows, shoes, jewelry,etc. They were beautiful. She had a great time with it. I think that she really loved the boxing, she enjoyed socking her daddy, and yelling "Stay Down", "Stay Down"! She was tired. I spent my time with Jamie helping him to learn to sit up. Which he just about has it figured out.

Jamie has had a rough weekend, which Steven and I have as well. He just is not sleeping. He is up about every 2 hours. Yuck! We hope that whatever this is about that it gets nipped pretty soon.

So, Saturday morning we got up and headed to her soccer game. She did so well. She did score another goal. We are really proud of her. She stayed in the game for most of the time. It was cold Saturday morning. Really crisp. I am so excited, I am ready for Fall. After her game I needed to run to Wal-Mart. I needed to get something to make a Mexicorn Casserole for my work picnic. So, I told Aubrey that she could have a prize, for listening to the coach. She really has done better each time she goes. So, I have a picture of her opening her toy, and look who it is all in her business. Yep, that is her Dill. It doesn't matter what she it doing, he is always there looking into what he can get from her. He is really into Pollies. She has to keep them in a zipped bag so that he can't get them. When she drags them out... he is lurking waiting on her not to be looking, then he swipes them and runs.

So, my picnic was a blast. It was at a nice park. They had a playground that Aubrey loved. They had children and adult games. Both Aubrey and Steven had a blast. Jamie and I stayed back on the side lines. The Bar-B-Q was wonderful. It was nice to meet every one's loved ones.
During Steven's games he got to preform surgery. He was next to the doctor that delivered Jamie (there is a picture of her, with Jamie) along with our gynecological oncologist. Of course Steve's sutures weren't even comparable, however, give the surgeons a pipette and see what they can do! We really had a great time.

Today we did our weekly Wal-Mart and tried for naps, the polliwogs got theirs we missed ours do to timing. Steven finished the lawn and weed eating. We had our movie night with Aubrey. Tonight was Mary Poppins. She wanted a long movie, she got it, it was so long she couldn't finish it. Maybe she can tomorrow. And I think that I will end on that note. I will be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,

Daisy and Spunky need a Wii. They have really been wanting to try out the Wii fitness thing!

Love ya'll
Nikki