"She was an artist and her life was her canvas."-unknown

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Poppy Seed Chicken

That is what I made for dinner. We haven't had it in a while and since I was home, pretending to be a home maker, I decided to try and cook. Aubrey's teacher told me last week, that Aubrey had made a comment that her Mommy doesn't cook. She is absolutely right. I don't. I can, and I will, but usually that is Steven's department. He is good at it, and we don't fix what is not broken. Yes, I realize that I am totally spoiled with this, however, there are other task that are being completed while he is cooking. So, he has a fair shake. It is funny how now it is so natural that he is in the kitchen cooking, while we are doing whatever, and that I jump up from the table and clean up the kitchen. Then, I start bathing Aubrey, and he watches Jamie and reads emails. When I finish with her and send her to get dressed, I start the second Polliwog. Steven at this time is getting a bottle ready for me to give Jamie, and medicine right now. Once I get him dressed and fed he is out. Then I head to the computer to blog, and Steven and Aubrey read. A little after 8:00 we can let out a sigh of relief. Two Polliwogs head to dreamland. All natural, pure teamwork.

Tonight I want to leave you with a cute shot of Aubrey. She was thinking about Grandma Robin this afternoon. She wanted to paint her nails. All she wanted to talk about was how she gave her this nail polish, all the way from her house and that she really missed painting her nails with Grandma Robin. Grandma Robin would let her paint her nails on a towel. Grandma Robin thought that sparkles in the polish were beautiful. "Grandma gave me this polish for real, and I am not kidding." So, you know it we let her paint her nails after dinner on the back porch.

1 comment:

abryant said...

She is so cute! Once they get an idea in their head you have got to let them do it or you'll never hear the end of it.